Effective Date: 11/17/2010
Information Collection and How it is Used General Information:
• Your username, Artistically Connected ID or alias is displayed throughout Artistically Connected (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of your Artistically Connected activity. Other people can see your purchases, items for sale, store, feedback, and associated comments. You have the option to publicly display your full name buy choosing your username.
• Artistically Connected collects personal information when you register to use Artistically Connected services or to post content on Artistically Connected. At registration you are asked for your email address and certain other optional information. • If you would like to obtain a Seller account, Artistically Connected will ask for your billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
• Artistically Connected automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request. This data is only used in the aggregate.
• Artistically Connected uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provisioning, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in Artistically Connected’s user registration databases when you register with Artistically Connected. IP addresses may be used for various research purposes.
Service-related Announcements Artistically Connected will send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for Artistically Connected’s services. Receipt of this email is required for using Artistically Connected’s services. Artistically Connected will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. You may not opt-out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account by emailing support@ArtisticallyConnected.com from the email address you signed up with.
Artistically Connected may periodically email you with administrative messages. Artistically Connected will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Your information may be combined with information Artistically Connected collects from other companies and used to improve and personalize services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive administrative messages or participate in these programs, simply opt-out by emailing support@ArtisticallyConnected.com
Artistically Connected offers subscriptions to Artistically Connected email newsletters. To opt-in, you must supply your email address and click “subscribe” on the bottom left navigation. This email address will only be used for this feature. You may change your subscription or unsubscribe at anytime by following the instructions contained in the email. Choice/Opt-out If you no longer wish to receive administrative messages, you may opt-out by emailing support@ArtisticallyConnected.com Please note that if you do not wish to receive administrative messages from us, those notices will still govern your use of the Artistically Connected website and service, and you are responsible for reviewing such notices for changes.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Artistically Connected products or services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Artistically Connected service. Artistically Connected uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to: Access your information when you “sign in”; keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Artistically Connected’s services; display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on Artistically Connected; estimate and report Artistically Connected’s total audience size and traffic; conduct research to improve Artistically Connected’s content and services. Artistically Connected cookies do not collect personal information, and Artistically Connected does not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your username or email address is.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Editing and Deleting Account Information
You can change your Artistically Connected Account Information (except your username), at any time. Artistically Connected may send you certain communications relating to the Artistically Connected service, such as service-related announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your Artistically Connected account. You can delete your Artistically Connected account by emailing support@ArtisticallyConnected.com Please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in Artistically Connected’s records for some period. Artistically Connected limits access to personal information about you to employees who Artistically Connected believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Your Artistically Connected Account Information is password-protected. Your password is protected from all employees. If your personally identifiable information changes you may correct or update it by making the change on your Artistically Connected page. You may delete or deactivate your account by emailing Customer Support support@ArtisticallyConnected.com or by postal mail at the contact information listed below. Artistically Connected will respond to your request within 10-20 business days. Security The security of your personal information is important to us. Your Artistically Connected account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) for registration Artistically Connected encrypts that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Artistically Connected follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Artistically Connected receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Artistically Connected strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, Artistically Connected cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on Artistically Connected’s Web site, you can email Artistically Connected at support@ArtisticallyConnected.com
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
Artistically Connected, Inc. (“Artistically Connected”) has adopted the following general policy toward copyright and intellectual property infringement in accordance with general CANADIAN. intellectual property laws and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). Artistically Connected will respond to notices of this form from jurisdictions other than Canada. as well. The address of Artistically Connected’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) is listed at the end of this policy.
Artistically Connected may act expeditiously to respond to a proper notice by (1) removing or disabling access to material claimed to be subject of infringing activity; and (2) removing and discontinuing service to repeat offenders. If Artistically Connected removes or disables access in response to such a notice, Artistically Connected will make a good-faith attempt to contact the allegedly infringing party (“Member”) so that they may make a counter notification.
A. Procedure for Reporting Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringements:
If you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your intellectual property, you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees). Therefore, if you are not sure whether the material infringes upon your intellectual property, please contact an attorney before contacting Artistically Connected.
If you believe that material residing on or accessible through the Artistically Connected web site or service infringes a copyright or other intellectual property right, to provide Artistically Connected of notice of such infringement, you must send a written notice of the infringement to the Designated Agent listed below. Please specify the type of infringement at issue and the notice must include the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or intellectual property right that has been allegedly infringed upon (by fax or regular mail – not by email, except by prior agreement);
2. Identification in sufficient detail of the material being infringed upon (for an allegation of a patent infringement, please provide a patent number);
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing upon the intellectual property. Include information regarding the location of the infringing material with sufficient detail so that Artistically Connected is capable of finding and verifying its existence (for listings, please provide item numbers);
4. Contact information about the notifier including the name of the intellectual property owner, the name and title of the person contacting Artistically Connected on the owner’s behalf, the address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
5. A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the intellectual property or copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the intellectual property or copyright owner.
When removing material from the site, Artistically Connected will make reasonable attempts to inform the Member of the removal, the reason for the removal, and may provide the Member with a copy of the notice and the notifying party’s contact information.
B. Removal of Allegedly Infringing Material
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, Artistically Connected may remove or disable access to the material infringing upon the intellectual property. If Artistically Connected removes or disables access to content in response to an infringement notice, Artistically Connected will make reasonable attempts to notify the Member that Artistically Connected has removed or disabled access to the material. Repeat offenders will have all material removed from the system and Artistically Connected will terminate such Members’ access to the service.
C. Procedure to Supply a Copyright Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
If you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is not infringing upon the intellectual property, you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees). Therefore, if you are not sure whether or not the material infringes on the intellectual property, please contact an attorney before contacting Artistically Connected.
If a Member believes that their material that was removed or to which access was disabled is not infringing upon a copyright, you must send a counter-notice, pursuant to 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please do not re-list or reactivate the material yourself. The counter-notice must contain the following information to the Designated Agent listed below.
1. Your physical or electronic signature (by fax or regular mail – not by email, except by prior agreement);
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
3. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material;
4. Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the Member’s address is located, or if your address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Artistically Connected is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Artistically Connected may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Artistically Connected may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright or intellectual property owner files an action seeking a court order against the Member, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at Artistically Connected’s discretion.
Please contact Artistically Connected’s Designated Agent to submit Notifications of Claimed Infringement and Copyright Counter-Notices at the following address:
Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Artistically Connected, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801
Toronto, Ontario, M5E 1W7